My Love Journey

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This is my entry to Evilwoobie’s Share Your Love Story contest. The story that I am about to share is about me and my current boyfriend.

It all started when I had a problem with my previous boyfriend. I kept on consulting my friends on what to do and as our usual routine we have this conference in Yahoo Messenger. The people in the conference were also playing Ragnarok Online. I was really confused then and I keep on asking advices on what to do. In that yahoo conference, I met him, my current boyfriend, and his name is David Tyron Sarceno. We used to call him Dats. He was then 26 and I was 22; he was living in Cavite while I live in Manila so the means of seeing each other is not that easy. We added each other on our messenger list and exchange of numbers. We then became good friends. He was like an older brother to me. He never fails to be there and gives me advices about love and life. Days passed, weeks passed and we got to know each other more and more. He then became my source of strength to my dying days. The days when I thought the world has turned its back on me but just like the quote that I always hear, “when God closes the door, he opens a window”, when everything turns gray, he gave me a special friend who slowly showed me how colorful and beautiful life is. I didn’t notice that my everyday became him and me. Days full of happiness and all the worries that I had were all gone. Slowly he became my life’s inspiration. Slowly we fell in love without knowing it but by just feeling the power of love. He was first unsure of what he feels because we haven’t seen each other. We just spend time through texting and chatting online.

Finally, the day came when we decided to see each other. He needs to go to Manila to meet our friend, Chio, to buy memory for his computer. We met up at Glorietta 4. I was nervous at first but when we started to talk to each other everything became at ease. We watched a movie then ate our snacks at KFC, there we met up with our friend. He was teasing us because he saw us holding each other’s hands. After that we parted ways. (I can’t remember if we go home together or we parted ways there) After that meet up, we became closer and closer to each other. We spend 90% of our time to each other over the internet or through texting. Friends slowly noticed our closeness and started to tease us.

Our second date was when I paid a visit to his computer shop. He couldn’t leave his shop that time because his mom went to Iloilo. He showed me his computer shop. It was closed that time because it’s too early. The then played a song in his computer and started to dance with me. The song was Remember Me This Way. It was weird but I loved it so much that I could still remember every part of that day. He also serenades me with the song Brighter then Sunshine by Aqualung.

Those were the first few dates that we had and it was followed by more memorable dates. Right now, we are still together, going strong and never stops to learn from each other. I am feeling so blessed that when a bad chapter of my life has to end, God helped me go through it by opening a new chapter of my life. And now, while the flipping the pages of the new chapter of my life, I’ve learned that God really never closes his door to us and that He is always there to listen and guides us. I am definitely sure about the saying that ‘everything happens for a reason’ and for every failure in life has a lesson to be learned.

Posted by Deeanne at 11:12:00 PM  
4 comments
girlfriend said...

Oh how sweet!!! Thanks for sharing your love story sis!

January 16, 2008 at 11:23 PM  
t3ss4 said...

Awww that's one of the sweetest thing that a guy can do for you... a romantic dance :) I have the same experience with you... my current boyfriend and I met on mIRC. :D

January 17, 2008 at 3:06 PM  
Anonymous said...

my gosh, so sweet.hay, i really like going back here.hehe, i remember those mushy times. just enjoy that bf-gf stage. gosh, i'm getting old. :D
Now, i am thinking of joining Evilwoobie's contest, too.hehe. Hmmmmmmm

January 21, 2008 at 9:44 PM  
Deeanne said...

@ate pol.. thanks for your contest.

@summer.. really? there are a lot of good guys that you can meet over the internet but we just have to be careful.

@ate maline.. haha ur not getting old ate. its okay. Go go go! Join the contest too!

January 23, 2008 at 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment